Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Slushies

Here's a drink recipe I cant believe its taken me this long to put up.
Ever since I can remember going to our lake house with our family friends, Cindy would bring this slushie mix (that was NOT kid friendly). I didn't get my first taste of this slushie until this past summer. It was worth the wait! It is really refreshing!

Cindy's Slushie

1 (12 oz) can concentrated orange juice
1 (6 oz) can concentrated lemonade
1 cup tea (made with 3 tea bags)
1/2 cup sugar
7 cups water
2 cup Seagram's

Put all ingredients in large resealable container and place in freezer. Let sit for at least 48 hours in the freezer. Stir occasionally (2-3 times a day). Fill tall glass 1/2 to 3/4 full of slush, then fill up with 7-up (or sprite). Stir and drink.
~Enjoy~

Its incredibly easy to make, and its a hit with everyone. Just make sure you get a big enough container to hold is all. I have tried to make it in a large bowl and separate it into to seal-able containers, but that didn't work too well. Somehow all the ingredients didn't separate equally.
I got my container i use now from bed bath and beyond and it works wonderfully



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to make this for whenever y'all come to visit! I love drinking it with you, and it will always remind me of the 10 or so minutes after my reception when I sat in your hotel room drinking this, while waiting for my husband to take care of his (fail) drunk-ass groomsmen! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete