Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin
1 lb boneless pork loin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 cup water
1/2 brown sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp soy sauce (or 2 of those Chinese food packets you have lying around)
Combine the salt, pepper, and garlic to rub over roast. Place in slow cooker with 1 cup of water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. About an hour before roast is done combine ingredients for glaze. Heat and stir mixture in saucepan until slightly thickened. Pour small amounts over roast 2-3 times during last hour of cooking. Serve with remaining glaze on the side.
My recipe differs from the original post by:
- I did not use sage, simply because I didn't have it.
- I used a 1 lb roast which worked great for 2 people (my boyfriend and I). 2 lbs would probably be better for a family of 4, and/or left overs.
- I used the recommended amount of water (1/2 cup) this time, but it all cooked up and I was left with a burnt bottom of a slow cooker
- I cooked it for about 9 hours (work day + travel time)
- Because I had burnt bottom slow cooker I did the glaze in a Pyrex dish and in the oven at 350 (until my rice and broccoli was done)