3 c. plain flour
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 cloves of garlic-finely chopped
1 1/4 c. parmesan cheese-grated
10 oz. beer or lager (I used Harpoon Pale Ale)
1. Preheat over to 375 F
2. Sift the flour into a large bowl, then ass the sugar, baking powder, garlic and 1 cup of the parmesan cheese.
3. Gradually pour the beer into the dry mix (do NOT use a whisk unless you wants to use a knife to get the dough out of the wires). Mix until just combined, do not over mix. The mixture will be thick and stretchy and just slightly moist.
4. Pour the mixture into a butter & flour loaf pan. Even out the mixture and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese on top.
5. Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown.
6. The outside should be crispy and a skewer should come out clean. Leave to cool in the pan for a few minutes, before moving it to a wire rack.
Best served warm.
Makes 1 loaf.
Try to hold yourself back while it is baking, because it will smell AMAZING!!