Coconut curry chicken
Green beans with almonds
Moroccan green mint tea
This was a very easy and quick dinner. All the flavors went together well and they were very subtle. My mom isn't a fan of curry and she loved this dish. The mint green tea really pulled it all together nicely and added a nice refresher. We served the chicken over the rice.
Coconut Curry Chicken
3 tsp. olive oil
12 oz. skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into 1 in cubes
1 med. onion thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
1/2-1 minced jalapeno chile
2 tsp. grated peeled fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1/2 tsp. curry powder
3/4 c. coconut milk
2 tbsp. cilantro chopped
1. In large skillet heat 2 tsp oil on medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken chunks with salt and black pepper. Add to skillet and cook 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer chicken to clean plate.
2. While chicken is cooking. Make your choice of rice according to directions.
3. In same skillet on medium add remaining 1 tsp of oil. Add onion and cook 3 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Stir in bell pepper, jalapeno, ginger and garlic; cook another minute. Stir in curry powder; cook another minute. Stir in coconut milk making sure to scrap any browned bits from the bottom.
4. Return chicken to the skillet and cook another 3-5 minutes to heat through and slightly thicken sauce. Add cilantro and save some for garnish.
Green Bean w/ Almonds
Take a bag of frozen green beans, heat according to directions with a small pad of butter, once heated through stir in sliced almonds.
Moroccan Iced Tea
5 c. water
3 green tea bags
4 Tbsp sugar
1 c. mint leaves
1. Boil the water- once at a boil add tea bags
2. Muddle the mint leaves with the sugar
3. Let the green tea steep for 5 minutes
4. Add all ingredients into 1/2 gallon pitcher and fill remainder up with cool water