Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cookies

Sounds "delish" right? Well they will be for your furry 4-legged friend. These are doggie cookies.
I found a basic recipe and modified it a little. The first batch I over cooked a little but my pup-pup didn't seem to mind at all, she gobbled it right up.







She stole the first cookie from me, before I could get the picture.


So she got a second cookie, we are up to 4 so far today.
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cookies
2 1/2 cups flour (whole wheat is best, but all purpose does the job too)
2 eggs (I only had 1 on hand so I cut the flour to 2)
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
3 Tbsp peanut butter
1/3 cup quick oats
water (or chicken broth, low sodium) as needed to bring the dough together
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together (I used the kitchen aide stand mixer) flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter in a bowl. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable. Dough should be dry and stiff.
3. Roll the dough into a 1/2 inch thick disk and cut into pieces (you could be boring and cut into squares) but I used cookie cutters. (Pumpkin, candy cane, star...)
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, until hard.
5. Let them cool on a cooling rack and let pup-pup enjoy.
I put too much water in when I was working the dough, so if I wanted to I could have just spooned the dough on the cookie sheet press down a little and bake that way, but I really wanted shapes. So while I was working the dough into the disk with the rolling pin, I just sprinkled and added more flour and it worked out great.


No comments:

Post a Comment