Pork Chops with Golden Applesauce
2-3 large Golden delicious apples, chopped
1 tsp grated lemon zest
2 tsp lemon juice
2 oz raisins
1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
3 tbsp brown sugar (light or dark)
2 cups apple juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1. Combine apples and all of the above in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Boil on high until liquid is reduced to about half. Stir occasionally.
3. Once liquid is reduced, take a smasher and lightly smash the apples leaving some chunks.
4. Turn the heat to low, put a lid on it and let it simmer until ready to serve. Keep checking to make the liquid hasn't evaporated too much.
4-6 center cut boneless pork loin
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
pinch of garlic powder
pinch of ground ginger
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to the pan.
2. Season pork chops on one side. Using tongs put into skillet seasoned side down. Season the other side.
3. Brown and caramelize 2 minutes each side. The reduce heat to medium and cook the rest of the way through. (Using a pan to cover makes the cooking through easier). Occasionally turning the chops.
4. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
5. Top with the applesauce and enjoy!